Position: Behavioral Health Program Manager
Location: Affirmations LGBTQ+ Community Center 290 West 9 Mile Road Ferndale, Michigan 48220
General Description: Reporting to the Director of Programs, Affirmations’ Behavioral Health Program Manager is responsible for providing direct counseling, supervising masters-level students training in clinical counseling practice, supervising care coordination, and ensuring all community members receive affirming and affordable counseling services and referrals. This position is expected to be a knowledgeable advocate for all members of the LGBTQ+ community. This is a full-time, salaried position ($50,000 – $60,000 per year) with a generous benefits package, including health, dental, and vision, 401k, life insurance, and paid time off.
● Licensed (State of Michigan) master’s level social worker (LMSW) OR Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
● 3+ years of clinical experience post-licensure
● Personal and/or professional experience with the LGBTQ+ community
● Supervisory experience, preferably with clinical MSW-candidates
● Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills
● Availability to work some evenings and weekends
● Cultural competence and a strong, demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
● Experience and competence in providing care and counseling to youth
● Lived and/or professional experience with Transgender, Two-Spirit, and/or Non-Binary individuals ● Experience providing letters of support for gender-affirming medical care
● Knowledgeable and experienced in trauma-informed care
● Experience providing telehealth counseling
● Familiarity with case management software
● Experience maintaining HIPAA compliance
● Provide appropriate evidence-based counseling with individuals, partners, groups, and families
● Work independently and with discretion as it relates to job responsibilities, decision making, supervision, and management
● Recruit, onboard, train, supervise, and mentor masters-level counseling interns
● Conduct psychosocial assessments and updates as needed
● Assess counseling applications and determine appropriate next steps
● Oversee care coordination provided by staff, interns, and lead volunteers
● Develop appropriate goal-focused, person-centered treatment plans containing measurable goals and objectives; obtaining client and other stakeholders (guardians, family members, payers, etc.) input as appropriate ● Build & maintain relationships with LGBTQ-affirming organizations and professionals.
● Join Affirmations’ groups with different insurance providers and accept insurance payments for counseling services
● Maintain HIPAA compliance and contribute to efforts to improve
● Respond to crisis situations at the community center and remotely
● Work with the Director of Programs and other Behavioral Health Program staff to regularly monitor and evaluate the program to identify and implement improvements, especially as it relates to diversity, equity, and inclusion
● Maintain and improve tracking and data collection
● Provide occasional training related to behavioral health for the community
● Contribute to the growth of the Behavioral Health Program
● Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
To apply, please email a resume/CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 30th, 2021.
This job profile in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the job holder. The holder of this position will be required to follow any other instructions or perform other duties as requested by their supervisor. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential elements may change if and when necessary. It is the policy of Affirmations to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliation, veteran status, familial status, disability status, or a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or other legally protected status in accordance with state or federal law. The policy applies to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other aspects of employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com