The Grants Manager is responsible for all management and tasks required to obtain, secure, and maintain
government, foundation, and corporate grant funding. These responsibilities include researching new grant
opportunities, writing grants, preparing and submitting required reports. This position is a salaried, exempt position that reports to the Director of Development.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or three-plus years relevant work experience
• Demonstrates proficiency in grants management and a proven track record of success in obtaining and
retaining small, medium, and large grants for a previous not-for-profit organization
• Demonstrates effective written, verbal, and electronic communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Ability to be a proactive self-starter who works well both independently and in a team environment
• Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office programs
• Familiarity with major social media applications such as Facebook and Instagram
• Available to work evenings and some weekends
• Competence in working non-judgmentally with diverse populations; strong commitment to diversity,
equity and inclusion
• Manages and performs all tasks required to maintain current grants to include: 1) updating grantors
personally and by written reports; 2) reapplying annually or on cycle, and 3) attending required
meetings of granting entities.
• Maintains and updates Affirmations’ Master Grants Tracking Tool for reporting and planning purposes;
generates reports as needed for the Director of Development.
• Researches viability of new grant opportunities and prepares applications when applicable.
• Works closely with the Director of Programs to match grant potential opportunities with planned
program expansion and enhancement.
• Ensures that all relevant statistics are available and distributed monthly for accurate reporting to
grantors and other parties as needed.
• Coordinates with the Finance Director on all grants reporting/billing/invoicing as needed.
• Serves as the primary caretaker of all systems pertaining to grant management to include electronic and
paper files, calendars, and processes to ensure documentation is: 1) accurate and easily accessible
and 2) deadlines for grant proposals are met.
• Generates written award acknowledgments to grantors in a timely manner.
• Coordinates publicity regarding grant recognition/announcements to the public with the
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with current and potential donors, grantors, and
government representatives to sustain and build future funding opportunities.
• Assists with other duties as assigned by the Director of Development and/or Executive Director.
Salary Range: $45,000 to $50,000
Benefits Package: Includes Health, Dental, and Vision; 401k; PTO; Sick Leave; Worker’s Compensation;
short- and long-term Disability; Hospital Indemnity; and Paid Holidays.
Apply by Friday, October 8, 2021, at 5 PM: Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and three writing
samples of past grants that were secured (along with the amount received for each grant) to
This job profile in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. The
holder of this position will be required to follow any other instructions or perform other duties as requested by
his/her supervisor. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential elements may change if
and when necessary. It is the policy of Affirmations to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliation, veteran status, familial status, disability status, or a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or other legally protected status in accordance with state or federal law. The policy applies to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits and all other aspects of employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com