Mental Health Therapy Manager
Affirmations LGBTQ+ Community Center
290 West 9 Mile Road
Ferndale, Michigan 48220
Reporting to the Director of Programs, Affirmations’ Mental Health Therapy Manager is responsible for providing direct mental health therapy to individuals and groups, supervising two LLMSW mental health therapists and masters-level student interns training in clinical mental health therapy, and ensuring all community members receive affirming and affordable mental health therapy services and referrals. This individual will maintain a caseload of 10-15 clients in addition to their other roles. They will work alongside Affirmations’ Care Manager to oversee the Behavioral Health Program to ensure intentional, integrated care across therapy and care coordination services. They are also expected to be a knowledgeable advocate for all members of the LGBTQ+ community and provide gender-affirming care and letters of support.
This is a full time, salaried position ($52,000 – $58,000 per year) with a generous benefits package, including health, dental and vision, 401k, life insurance, and paid time off.
- Licensed (State of Michigan) Clinical Master Social Worker (LMSW or LMSW-C)
- 3+ years of clinical experience post-MSW
- Significant personal and/or professional experience with the LGBTQ+ community
- Supervisory experience, preferably with LLMSW therapists and masters level therapy candidates
- Lived and/or professional experience with Transgender, Two-Spirit, and/or Non-Binary individuals
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends
- Cultural humility and a strong, demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and justice
- Experience with and commitment to providing letters of support for gender affirming medical care
- Experience and competence providing care and therapy to youth
- Knowledgeable and experienced in trauma-informed care
- Experience providing telehealth therapy
- Familiarity with electronic health record software (TherapyNotes, for example)
- Experience maintaining HIPAA compliance
- Provide appropriate evidence-based mental health therapy with individuals, partners, groups and families
- Work independently and with discretion as it relates to job responsibilities, decision making, supervision and management
- Interview, train, supervise, and mentor masters-level therapy interns
- Conduct biopsychosocial assessments and update the assessment process as needed
- Screen completed interest forms for mental health therapy applications and determine appropriate next steps including assigning to Affirmations’ therapists and making referrals to other providers
- Collaborate closely with the Care Manager to co-manage the Behavioral Health Program and ensure quality integration across therapy and care coordination services
- Develop appropriate goal-focused, person-centered treatment plans containing measurable goals and objectives; obtaining client and other stakeholder (guardians, family members, payers etc.) input as appropriate
- Build & maintain relationships with LGBTQ-affirming organizations and professionals
- Become paneled at Affirmations with different insurance providers and accept insurance payments for therapy services. Review and sign-off on case notes and other documentation for therapists/care coordinators with a limited license (LLMSW)
- Maintain HIPAA compliance and contribute to efforts to improve
- Respond to crisis situations at the community center and remotely when possible and provide advice and support in setting policies and training staff in crisis response
- Work with the Director of Programs, Care Manager, and other Behavioral Health Program staff to regularly monitor and evaluate the program to identify and implement improvements, especially as it relates to diversity, equity, inclusion, justice, and belonging
- Maintain and improve tracking and data collection
- Contribute to the growth of the Behavioral Health Program, and oversee continual updates to it based on evidence-based best practices, informed by lived and clinical experience
- Write letters of support for gender affirming care and review and sign-off on letters completed by LLMSW therapists on staff
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
To apply, please email a resume/CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. If you have a profile on a website such as Psychology Today, please share that in your cover letter. Alternatively, in your cover letter please share about any modalities or specializations you have as a therapist.
This job profile in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the job holder. The holder of this position will be required to follow any other instructions or perform other duties as requested by their supervisor. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential elements may change if and when necessary.
It is the policy of Affirmations to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliation, veteran status, familial status, disability status, or a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or other legally protected status in accordance with state or federal law. The policy applies to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits and all other aspects of employment.
At Affirmations we believe that diversity is a strength, and that services for LGBTQ+ people need to be relevant and responsive to the needs of those most marginalized in our communities. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from people with marginalized identities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org